My CrossFit Journey by Leai
Nearly a year since starting CrossFit.
It has tested me. It has challenged me. It has changed me!
I remember the first day like it was yesterday. I walked into the ‘box’ feeling nervous, unhealthy and out of my comfort zone. I finished the trial class. Oh my goodness, my body was literally aching from head to toe. I got into my car and had to take a moment, I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t move, I woke up muscles I never thought I had! And I still managed to smile at Michelle and say yip, I’m ok, Ill be back. BEST decision I ever made and have never looked back since!
I was a stay at home mum, with three girls, aged 8,7 and 6 and of course the husband. Everything revolved around them. It suddenly dawned on me, my girls are growing up fast and my health wasn’t great. Will I still be around for them? Felt scary but was the reality. That’s when I KNEW I had to change!!!!
FAST FORWARD 10months and what have I been up to?
- Took part in my first ever CrossFit Competition June 2018. Best experience EVER!! I came home so proud of myself, I pushed myself beyond my limits and didn’t give up!
- Took part in the 6 week kickstart challenge in April 2018 – had to remind myself I still need to be accountable
- Took part in the 12 week Spring Challenge 2017. Planning and preparation, these two very important! Now-a-days, if I don’t prepare my weekly plan I’m lost!
- Train at least 3 times a week, as Michelle would say “Its routine, just like brushing your teeth”….. LOVE IT!
- ANDDDDDD lost nearly 20kg (yayyyy)!! My body is becoming stronger, still a long way to go but I can truly say, my body and mind are on the same page now
Absolutely love my CrossFit Journey – the WODS (sometimes ha ha), the people, the energy, the high fives, even the wod music (sometimes I feel like busting a move ha ha) Onwards and Upwards!!!!
Thank you Michelle, Ness and Ryan, you guys rock!!